We would like to invite you to join us, as we door-knock local homes to discuss why the Voice is important!
Door knocking can have a big impact on voting intent, especially because it shows the community that ordinary people are backing the Voice.
As the referendum date gets very close, we need to inform as many people as we can of what the voice is all about. Whilst many people have made up their minds, many have not. You can provide those with the information they need, so they can feel confident going into the referendum vote that they are doing the right thing uniting all Australians.
This time we will explore Windsor North of the railway line, close to the school which will be the local polling booth.
Join us in conveying these ideas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people proposed the Voice, with wide support.
- Constitutional recognition of First Peoples ends the lie of Terra Nullius.
- The Voice gives indigenous Australians a say they don't have now.
- The indigenous Australians choose who represents them in the Voice.
- Having a say in their destiny will lead to better outcomes in closing the gap.
We always door-knock in pairs. With one person being a scribe and one person doing the talking. We aim to ensure diverse pairs with at least one person being an experienced door knocker. If you have not done this before, try it out. You will meet new and interesting people.