Oxley for Yes
Please, Volunteer with the Oxley for Yes campaign within your community
Oxley for Yes is a new member of the national Yes23 community, having been convened only on 16 Aug 2023. But we want to get up and running as quickly as possible.
Tasks you could help with to help make the YES message visible and understood in our local community:
- I'm happy put up a YES! sign in front of my house / business;
- I'll buy some of the great YES merchandise for me and/or my fam to wear out and about locally;
- I'll help contact local businesses to invite them to host YES posters and flyers;
- I've got connections with particular communities I can invite to host a YES presentation
- I can help distribute YES flyers at a local train station or busy commuter bus stop;
- I can speak to the P&C and admin at my kids school to discuss YES events or activities;
- I'm comfortable to help out in explaining YES to voters in my community;
- I'll help staff YES information stalls at markets or other events;
- I can help engage young voters on YES;
- I'll help contact community organisations and community leaders on the YES agenda;
- I'll make time to hand out YES flyers at a local polling place on the referendum Saturday;
- I'll be free to hand out YES flyers during work hours during the fortnight of pre-polling.
So, can you help out? Will you walk with us?
We're getting started to campaign locally throughout the Oxley Federal electorate for a future where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples play a crucial role in shaping the laws that affect them, and we need your help.
When you join the Yes movement, you're not just lending a hand - you're joining a community dedicated to making history. Here, every contribution counts - your time, skills, and commitment will bring us closer to a resounding Yes this referendum.
And we know the stakes have never been this high.
Referendums are notoriously hard to win - but nothing will change if we don’t give this everything we can right now,and this is especially true here in Qld.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people deserve to be recognised in the constitution with a voice, and they urgently need the practical and concrete improvements it will create.
This is our moment. Will you answer the call and help make history today?
Here's our volunteer webform to sign-up: www.yes23.com.au/volunteer
Join this group
There are currently no upcoming events.