Unley Uluru Statement from the Heart Support Group
The Unley Support Group for the “Uluru Statement From the Heart” was launched on the 11th of April 2021 with 75 persons in attendance.
This occasion led to the ongoing Unley Support Group which meets monthly to be better informed and to plan events to awaken and inform the people of Unley about this truly historic call to the nation to recognise and structurally enable First Nations peoples to have a Voice which can advise the Governments of the day on issues pertaining to First Nations people.
We meet on the first Monday of each month from 7pm to 8:30pm at the Unley Uniting Church, 187 Unley Rd Unley. New members are welcome.
1. To promote the understanding and acceptance of the Uluru Statement from the Heart within the City of Unley
2. To bring together a group of people who heed the invitation to walk together with the First Nations people to promote the Uluru Statement from the Heart.
3. To advocate for a First Nations Voice to Parliament enshrined in the constitution and a Makarrata Commission to supervise agreement making (treaty) and truth-telling about the nation’s history.
4. To educate the community as to the content and intention of the Uluru Statement.
5. To advance the cause of reconciliation locally and in the wider community in cooperation with Reconciliation SA.
6. To promote a united Australia which respects this land, values the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Heritage and provides justice and equity for all.
Join this group
There are currently no upcoming events.