Yes23’s volunteers will be blitzing regional Australia this weekend with over 150 campaign activities set to take place across the nation.
Rural communities will have a chance to have their questions answered at dozens of information stalls in shopping centres and at markets, whilst over 30 community forums would also be taking place.
Locals can join our volunteers for walks, rides and even a mobility or wheelchair convoy to raise awareness for the Yes campaign.
Key activities across regional communities include:
- New South Wales - A conversation about the Voice to Parliament in Braidwood with writer Nardi Simpson, President of United Voice Michael Crosby and ACT Senator David Pocock
- Queensland - Indigenous Leader Noel Pearson at Multicultural Lunch in Townsville
- South Australia - Port Augusta Yarn About the Voice with Thomas Mayo and Jade Ritchie
- Tasmania - Franklin Referendum Campaign Launch
- Western Australia - Community Forum and Q&A with Marcia Langton and Ken Wyatt
- Victoria - The Good Country - a public conversation
Yes23 Campaign Director Dean Parkin said the Yes campaign would be focused on having conversations this weekend with Australians who live in the bush.
“This is a people-powered campaign, which is why you are seeing thousands of volunteers out every weekend, contributing their time to help get a successful Yes vote over the line,” Mr Parkin said.
“We know that many Australians are yet to make their mind up on how they will vote in this referendum, which is why face-to-face conversations are so important.
“We want to make sure that Australians who live in the bush have an opportunity to engage with our campaign over the next 35 days.
"We are buoyed by the positivity that we receive from Australians when we explain that this referendum is simply about recognition, about listening to Indigenous people and getting better outcomes on the ground.”
As the Yes23 campaign continues to build momentum, those interested in joining the growing group of people putting their hand up to volunteer can visit: https://www.yes23.com.au/volunteer.
Yes23 brings together grassroots organisations all campaigning for constitutional recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through a voice to parliament.
Contact Yes23 Media: